The Life - Light

I really do love "The Message" version of the Bible. I know there are lots of opinions about whether or not it is a good translation/paraphrase and whether or not it is accuarate. I would agree that it probablly isn't the best Bible for indepth study, but I still love it! What it has done for me is take passages that I have read over and over and made them new and fresh. I love the descriptions thst it uses, it has such great imagery. I was reading John 1 the other day and it really hit me. It is one of those passages that I have heard some many times, I can recite most of it, but this just put a whole fresh spin on it.

The Word was first,
the Word present to God,
God present to the Word.
The Word was God,
in readiness for God from day one.

Everything was created through him;
nothing--not one thing!-
came into being without him.
What came into existence was Life,
and the Life was Light to live by.
The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness;
the darkness couldn't put it out.


I love that last part, the image of the Life-Light blazing!

No comments: