Questions?

I was thinking the other day about questions. I work in a two-year-old class part of the day so I hear LOTS of questions. Kids like to ask questions, and LOTS of them. My pastor also mentioned something about questions last week in church.

I was thinking about how I don't ask very many questions. It isn't that I don't think about things or that I don't like questions, they just don't occur to me. I know lots of people read their Bible and begin to wonder about things. My brain just doesn't seem to work that way. I can read and take in and apply, but I don't question.

I hate the part of job interviews when they ask if I have any questions, I never do. I never have any idea what to say. The whole time I was training for this job they kept asking if I had any questions, I never did. Again, no idea what to say.

I really do like when other people ask questions though. It makes me think and I like that. I like learning new things and that often comes from questions also. Maybe that is part of why I like reading books and blogs and forums so much. There are plenty of other people out there who will ask the questions that don't occur to me!

I also wonder if this also relates to how I deal with people. I'm very trusting of people up front and only distrust them if they make a reason for that.

No comments: