And the cat came back...

I hate how things that I think I'm "over" always seem to come back... I thought I had pretty much dealt with TMM and all of the mess that I went through there. (For people who don't know what happened, that was where I used to work. The short version is then they decided that I don't know how to work with kids, that I was doing questionable things, and in the end fired me. And all of this was totally untrue, so I had some issues with this.) But then last night as I was trying to fall asleep and my mind was wandering I was thinking about them again. It just frustrates me that I poured SOO much of myself into the kids and the organization and then that is what I got. It isn't that I would go back and change anything, it was a valuable experience, but it still hurts when I think about it very much... It also makes it difficult to trust again. I know everyone isn't the same, but I trusted this organization and thought they were great, and then all this mess happened.

On a happier note, I really do like my boss now. He does a great job of supporting and encouraging us. Today we got a really cool tote bag for Teachers Appreciation Week (last week, but they didn't get here in time). I think it was cool that he put that much effort into encouraging us.

On a totally unrelated topic, I have been reading a mailing list that is talking about the third book in the "New Kind of Christian" series. It is called "The Last Word, and the Word After That." The main topic is about hell, who goes there, what it is like, etc. It is interesting because it is supposed to be the most controversial book, and I can see how for most people it will be, but it didn't have a huge affect on me. Hell has never been something that I have thought about a whole lot. I have wondered about if people who never have a chance to hear about Jesus would go to hell and that sort of thing, but in the end I really just settled with the idea that God loves us all, whether we know about Him or not, and will give everyone the chance to accept or reject Him. I don't know who will or won't go to hell, but I trust that God is fair. So my point is, that is why this book really didn't affect me a whole lot. There were good ideas in it, but I had already pretty much settled on being content with not knowing what would happen.

1 comment:

kyledawn said...

hey buddy! sorry i just skimmed this post but i wanted to tell you that brian mclaren did some posts about his third book on some random sites. he did a post and answered questions on a guy's blog that i go to seminary with. you should check it out. http://cleave.blogs.com/pomomusings/

you're going to have to scroll down a couple posts. also, there are links to the other blogs he visisted! have fun!