Celebrating the Pascal Mystery through Liturgy and the Sacraments

Share a time when a particular liturgy was really a celebration for you. What did you "get" out of these celebrations? What did you "give" to them?
One of the my most celebratory experiences during a liturgy was this past Easter Vigil. It was only the third or fourth time I had been to Mass. The power of the whole things was just amazing. I remember the part when all the lights come on and everyone sings the Alleluia being so full of joy and celebration. I remember thinking this is what Easter is all about!

Even though I was just beginning this part of my journey at the time, I still got a lot out of the celebration. I got a sense of awe and wonder. I got to see the joy of people who were joining the Church. I got this little glimpse of what it means to be Catholic.

I was also able to give. I gave worship
to God and gave thanks for His death and resurrection. I gave support to the people joining the Church, even though I wasn't sure where I was headed, it is always exciting to see people draw closer to Christ.

No comments: