I Don't Think I'm Protestant Anymore!

Today was my last Sunday at the Protestant church I've been part of. It was a good day. My kids were sad which was sweet. And I promised not to disappear on my friends. But this evening was the most interesting part.

The sermon today was all about taking a "fearless moral inventory" of our lives. We are supposed to think about where we have messed up and what we feel guilty about. Then we are supposed to ask God for forgiveness and then admit our faults to someone else we can trust. Then we are supposed to accept God's forgiveness. Ok, that is all a good thing.

Funny thing is, the whole time I was listening to all of this I was thinking, "that is what the Sacrament of Reconciliation is all about!" I mean you do an examination of conscience,
confess your sins to God and the priest and receive God's forgiveness in the absolution. And even better than the Protestant version of this, it is a sacrament! God is in a very real and special way acting through this confession and giving me the grace to not sin and to follow Him! What can be better than that?!

So ya, something tells me that in my heart, I'm no longer Protestant. I'm Catholic!

No comments: