Holy Mother of God

I was sitting on my floor this evening praying a couple of decades of the Rosary like I try to do every night. For some reason tonight the phrase "Holy Mother of God" just hit me. How amazing is it that Mary really is the Mother of God. She carried God in her womb, held Him in her hands, watched Him grow up, saw His miracles, watched Him suffer and die, and saw Him after the resurrection. God in all of this.

How amazing is it that God really did become man! He was born, grew, ate, drank, everything just like us. Yet somehow was also truly God. What an amazing miracle this is!

In the words of Mary:

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness;
behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.
The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.

No comments: