Unfinnished

Well, the week has started again. I hope it gets better than today too. It was just a long day and I was really tired, but I don't know why. And then I ended up with a big headache this evening, but I did get to leave work pretty early, so that was good! And now my headache is gone, so I suppose it is getting better. And that is pretty much it for today. Oh, I did get to talk to one of my best friends who I have been playing phone tag with for like two weeks. I HATE being on such a different time zone from all of my friends and family!

Le’ts see, yesterday was good. I do really love my church. Although I have decided that church needs to be longer, we NEVER have time to get everything done in Sunday School! I suppose part of it is that I insist on doing a craft every week. I like crafts, my kids like crafts, so we do them.

Another random change in topic! I love when different things in life connect. Like I just finished reading "Generous Orthodoxy" and the last chapter is "Why I'm Unfinished." Then my pastor read Hebrews 11 v 39-40 "These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect." in church yesterday. Interesting how all these people mentioned in Hebrews 11 are people who we think of as amazing and having all these amazing things happen to them. But even they didn't get to see the results of the promise God gave them. In that way, we are all unfinished. We have the opportunity to do and see little things, but we won't see the whole reality until the end. I also like how we are connected, even to the "greats" of the faith. They needed us, and we need those who will come after us. We aren't independent creatures, we are dependant on community, even the community of those who aren't living during the same time as we are. We are all unfinished until the end of time because we need those who come after us to complete us, to make us perfect.

No comments: