Life lessons from a commercial

"It doesn't take much to feel good, it just takes a little encouragement."

This is actually a quote from a dieting commercial, but I love it! The idea behind the commercial is that every time someone makes a healthy choice, eating breakfast, choosing whole wheat bread, etc, there is a group of people cheering for them.

I love it, because it is so true, not just in dieting, but in every area of life. When you know someone is behind you and is encouraging you, it is much easier to do the hard stuff.

It doesn't have to be a big group of people cheering, although that couldn't hurt, just a few simple comments can help. I was thinking about this a lot this past week because various people have made comments that have been encouraging to me. They weren't big things, and I doubt that the people even realized that they said anything, but they were still encouraging to me.

It is amazing how those little things can really affect us the most. "It doesn't take much to feel good, it just takes a little encouragement."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true, so true.