Benediction

Another place where I don't really know how my thinking changed was the Eucharist. I knew what Catholics believed about the bread and wine from the time I first started going to Mass, but at that time I wasn't really sure that I believed it. Somewhere along the way, my thinking changed. Now as I kneel there during Mass, I'm sure that this really is Jesus, right here in front of me in the Holy Eucharist.

At the end of our second class, we took a tour of the church. We learned what all of the things were and what they were for. After that, we stayed for Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. It was a powerful experience. We knelled there as the deacon brought out the Monstrance, the thing that holds the Host for Adoration. It was amazing as the deacon covered his hands, a sign that it is really God doing the blessing, and made the sign of the cross. There was this sense of of awe, this really is God!



Jumping In

No comments: