I'm Catholic!

Finally on Saturday, November 24th 2007, the Feast of Christ the King, I was received into the Catholic Church and received the Sacraments of Confirmation and First Communion!

The first part of the Mass, the Liturgy of the Word, was fairly normal. We sang, confessed our sins, listened to the readings, and heard the homily. Then those of us who were becoming Catholic, along with our sponsors, were called to the front of the church. Monsignor asked us if we believed all that the Catholic Church teaches and proclaims to be true and we replied, “I do!” He then welcomed us into the Church. What an amazing feeling! I'm Catholic!

We sat back down and then soon afterwards we again walked to the front up to Monsignor, this time one at a time, to receive Confirmation. Monsignor made the sign of the cross on our foreheads with the oil of chrism as he said “receive the Holy Spirit.” The oil smelled wonderful and all night long, I would catch an occasional whiff of it and be reminded of what had happened.

Mass then continued on with the Liturgy of the Table. Then when we got to Communion time, for the first time I was able to walk up to Monsignor, hold out my hands, and receive Jesus! Then I got to walk over to the EMHC and receive the Cup! It was absolutely amazing! I was just in total awe of having this privilege!



I'm Clean!

No comments: